Parqio is providing digital and automated access to thousands of parking spots. Every day users depend on our cloud infrastructure to be responsive, reliant and secure.
To help us scale operations we are now looking for an experienced Platform and DevOps Engineer. You will be responsible for deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations. If you have a background in managing cloud infrastructure and are experienced working with AWS, we’d love to speak with you.
Parqio is located at Startuplab in Oslo, Norway with a hybrid/remote team.
Full-time, remote within CET±2hrs
About the role
You will have a big influence in shaping your role as we continue to grow, but have added a few areas we believe to be important:
- Design, implement, and maintain the Parqio cloud-infrastructure.
- Deploy, maintain and improve CI/CD pipelines for our software, firmware, and hardware.
- Ensure an efficient staging and production environment for the development team.
- Coach the development in following established processes and that it works as intended.
- Responsible for developing tests and test routines.
- Responsible for developing incident management routines.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors and investigate/resolve technical issues.
- Work with product management and developers in prioritizing the roadmap and the biweekly sprint planning.
The background we’re looking for
- You have experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- You have previously worked with AWS-based systems
- You are proficient with git and git workflows
- You have a working knowledge of databases and SQL
- You have been working on security and SecOps-related issues in cloud-based infrastructure
- Not a hard requirement, but it would be great if you are interested in or have experience with hardware/firmware or hardware-enabled SaaS.
- You care about security, performance, uptime, and cost efficiency in the infrastructure you manage
- You have a problem-solving attitude, are communicative, and show a collaborative team spirit
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
Technology @ Parqio
- Hardware: Raspberry Pi, Twilio Super Sim, MQTT, BLE Beacons, Cameras (license plate recognition), Linux/Mender,
- Frontend: React/React native, Webflow,
- Backend: NodeJS, MQTT
- Cloud: AWS, Docker, Elastic Beanstock, Cloudfront CDN, CloudWatch, S3, Redis, Aurora PostgreSQL
- Tools: Kitemaker, Miro, GitLab, Freshpaint, Mixpanel, Intercom, Stripe
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- The hardware, tools and support you need
- An employee stock ownership plan (option based)
- A flexible working environment that suits your schedule
- The opportunity to be highly influential in a fast-growing startup environment